Table of Contents Show
Marvel Snap is an awesome digital card game that lets you upgrade the rarity of your favorite cards. But what is the highest card rarity in Marvel Snap, and how many materials does it cost?
If you are new to the game, it’s important to understand what we mean by rarity. As you play with cards, you’ll unlock Boosters for it. Boosters are the green cluster currency.
Once you get enough Boosters, the game will prompt you to upgrade the quality of your card using Credits and Boosters.
What is the highest card rarity in Marvel Snap?
The highest rarity in Marvel Snap is Infinity. It’s the seventh rarity type.
This level is unique for multiple reasons, but the main thing to know is that hitting the Infinity level will reward a common duplicate of the card.
But don’t let that fool you, the new Common card has a unique holographic pattern. You can also redo this process multiple times to unlock even more patterns.
Every card rarity explained
Here’s how each card changes visually in Marvel Snap and the order in which you unlock them:
- Common – The base rarity. Indicated by a grey border
- Uncommon – Indicated by a green border. No card effects.
- Rare – Indicated by a blue border. Card gains 3D effects.
- Epic – Indicated by a purple border. Card gains movement.
- Legendary – Indicated by a gold border. Namecard gets updated.
- Ultra – Gains a new animated effect.
- Infinity – Gains a special holographic pattern.
Personally, we really like the cards once they hit the Epic status.
There’s something about that purple border that really sets the card apart. The same goes for Legendary and above.
How much does it cost to upgrade each rank?
If you are curious about the credits and Boosters required to upgrade each rank, don’t worry, we’ll break that down below:
- Uncommon – Upgrade costs 25 credits and 5 Boosters
- Rare – Upgrade costs 100 credits and 10 Boosters
- Epic – Upgrade costs 200 credits and 20 Boosters
- Legendary– Upgrade costs 300 credits and 30 Boosters
- Ultra – Upgrade costs 400 credits and 40 Boosters
- Infinity – Upgrade costs 500 credits and 50 Boosters
As you can see, it can get quite costly to get the highest upgrade levels
Collection Level progress for each level
Upgrading your cards is important, as it is a key factor in unlocking new Marvel Snap cards.
This is because upgrading your cards increases your Collection Level. Here’s how many levels you gain for each card rarity:
- Uncommon – Gain one level
- Rare – Gain two levels
- Epic – Gain four levels
- Legendary – Gain six levels
- Ultra – Gain eight levels
- Infinity – Gain ten levels
It costs a lot of Boosters to get to the highest levels, but the gain on your Collection Level definitely makes it worth it!
How to upgrade your cards in Marvel Snap
Time needed: 1 minute.
If you want to upgrade your cards in Marvel Snap, you can do that in…well, a snap.
- Head to your Collection tab
Locate and tap a card with rising green arrows – that indicates it can be upgraded
Tap the blue card indicator on the bottom-right
Double-check the upgrade cost and tap Upgrade
- Check out your new card
You’ll now see the upgraded card with new visual effects
And there you have it. You’ve now successfully upgraded a card in Marvel Snap.
Marvel Snap is built around upgrading your cards
As we’ve hopefully outlined above, upgrading and understanding the rarity of cards is important in Marvel Snap.
Each level provides unique visual effects, but also provides practical benefits in the form of leveling up your Collection Level to unlock new cards.
Finally, the quick guide on upgrading your cards should help on your journey.
Marvel Snap is available on Android, iOS, and Steam.