Table of Contents Show
Super Rare Games has teamed up with ThirtyThree and Good Shepherd to bring you Atomik: RunGunJumpGun.
This is a deceivingly simple yet tough-as-nails 2D action platformer, physically to Nintendo Switch for the very first time.
Hey readers, just a heads up, the below is copy from the company’s press release on the game.
Atomik is getting physical
A total of 4,000 copies will ever be printed. The game will go on sale on March 30th, 2023 at 6pm BST (10am PDT/1pm EDT) – available worldwide exclusively at superraregames.com.
A standard Super Rare Games release comes with all the current content of the game on its cart at the time of printing, a full-color manual, interior artwork, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards.
Fans also won’t be waiting for long as Super Rare Games titles ship shortly after release.
Check out the Atomik trailer:
About Atomik: RunGunJumpRun
With a teeth-rattling, gravity-defying weapon in your hand, a cast of crazed characters, simple but beautifully difficult gameplay, and a pulsing musical score, Atomik: RunGunJumpGun is a loud, trippy mess of twitchy platforming goodness.
The game takes place in the Extax System, a solar system where the Sun has begun to swell and devour planets. With most of the planets already devoured, the remaining worlds have descended into madness and superstition.
Each denizen has their own theory on why the sun seems so enraged, but they all hang on one central element: Atomiks, the primary resource in the entire system.
You play as a scavenger, a rogue from outside the Extax System who seems to have only one goal: get Atomiks. What do the Atomiks mean to the scavenger? Does he want to scoop up precious resources for himself, or use them as a way to appease the sun and end the suffering of the system? Or Maybe they’re just shiny pick-ups in a video game to him.
- Beautifully Difficult: Every second counts and the game will test your reflexes to the fullest
- Shield Mode: Empower your intergalactic scavenger with an energy shield and decreases the movement speed to help make the intense action more manageable, but no less heart-pounding and exciting.
- Nonstop Action: Merciful respawns let you die fast and keep you constantly in the action
- Two-button gameplay: One button lets you fly and the other blasts obstacles into heaps of rubble.
- Three Unique Game Worlds: Each world presents its own distinct challenges which require players to change their playstyles
- Over 120 levels of Mayhem: Each level is meticulously crafted to hone and test the player’s speed and tenacity.
- Marathon Mode: For players looking to compete for the global high score.
- Surreal visuals: Trippy and hyper-colourful fantasy-sci-fi art style
- Hyperkinetic soundtrack: Pulsing musical score blending hip-hop, electronic, and movie-score vibes.
- Warped space-opera narrative: The game features a cast of crazed, beautifully illustrated characters.
- Masochistic Collectables: The quest to collect “Atomiks” littered throughout levels lends an extra level of insanity to already merciless level design. A gift to self-hating completionists.
- Accessible single-hand gameplay: Appropriate for players with disabilities.
- Made by free-range developers fed a pure mixture of VVVVVV, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy.
For more information, you can check Super Rare’s official site. Follow Super Rare Games on Twitter for news and updates.